Louisiana foster parents and caregivers need your assistance to provide quality parenting to our children. Businesses, churches and community groups can help in a variety of ways.
How Businesses Can Help
• Develop service projects that specifically serve families caring for children in foster care, such as helping with home and car repairs.
• Sponsor special events such as holiday parties for foster families in your community.
• Sponsor activities for foster children, such as dance, sports and camps.
• Mentor, coach, tutor and provide training for foster youth.
• Hire teenagers and young adults who are aging out of foster care or who have aged out of the system.
• Provide a space for foster parents and programs to use for meetings and events.
• Provide meaningful benefits to employees who foster children through matching grants, leave time for bonding and flexible working hours for doctor visits and court hearings.
• Provide items needed to support a kinship (relative) or foster placement, such as furniture, appliances and other household goods, or laptops and tablets for students.
• Provide funding for clinical support or mental health services for a family.
• Offer support to your local foster parents association or group.
How Churches & Community Groups Can Help
Spread the Word